8track: Katie Sutherland

Let us take you on a magical trip back to the 90s. MC Hammer pants were all the rage and Walkmen were the height of new technology. Keeping this in mind, over the past few months we've been getting in touch with bands around the country and asking them to create a metaphorical mixtape containing, you guessed it, eight tracks!

The following 8 songs were carefully hand-picked for us by Katie Sutherland, previously known as ‘Pearl’ from Pearl and the Puppets. Hailing from East Dunbartonshire, Katie sprung onto the scene in 2009 and has since become infamous for her lovely, catchy acoustic pop songs and stand-out vocals.

Title: Hide and Seek
Artist: Imogen Heap
Reason: The most beautiful vocals and harmonies I have ever heard.

Title: Elusive
Artist: Scott Matthews
Reason: The guitar in this makes me feel all warm inside.

Title: Come As You Were
Artist: The Bird and the Bee
Reason: I love driving to it.

Title: Linger
Artist: The Cranberries
Reason: Reminds me of when I was younger.

Title: 1234
Artist: Feist
Reason: Puts a smile on my face.

Title: I’m Yours
Artist: Jason Mraz
Reason: Reminds me of a great summer.

Title: Honey
Artist: Moby
Reason: Makes me want to dance.

Title: Samson
Artist: Regina Spektor
Reason: Reminds me of someone… 



Check her out at www.katiesutherland.co.uk

No comments: