2011 in Lists: Lesley


Here is my top 10. It's not really in any order apart from number 1 which should come as a surprise to no one who knows me.
1. WILD FLAG – Wild Flag

2. Men – Talk About Body

3.King Creosote & Jon Hopkins – Diamond Mine

4. PJ Harvey – Let England Shake

5. Kate Wax – Dust Collision

6. M83 – Hurry Up, We're Dreaming 

7. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart – Belong

8. Fucked Up – David Comes To Life

9. Low – C'mon

10. The Antlers – Burst Apart

I feel bad for having to leave out Yuck, Washed Out, Tim Hecker, Atlas Sound, Feist, Fleet Foxes and Tune-Yards who all made albums I listened to loads this year because they were ace. 2011 has been fucking great for music. I also really liked the new Drake album Take Care and  Jay Z and Kanye West’s Watch The Throne  as well. The A$AP Rocky mixtape was really good as well but I've only listened to it a couple of times. 


Stuff I've fallen in love with over the past few weeks of my mission to listen to as many things as possible but couldn't put on the list because i've only listened to the album once or twice include:

SubRosa - No Help For The Mighty Ones
Gem Club – Breakers
Craft Spells – Idle Labor
Little Scream – The Golden Record
Football, Etc. – The Draft
Wooden Shjips – West
Holy Ghost! – Holy Ghost!

Okay, I'm done. Too much musics. No such thing I guess, but such a bitch for making end of year lists. I mean, I could make another list that just has my favourite songs and it would be wildly different. It would include the Beyoncé single Countdown because it is AWESOME.

LD

No comments: